Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Work vs. Facebook (and other distractions)

Ok. I admit it. While I'm not exactly hooked on Facebook, it has become a bit of a habit. Currently I'm on it more often than I floss but not as often as I use the bathroom. I think I'm safe from an immediate intervention, don't you?

So my big plan to catapult my new website, http://www.trivalleywellness.com/ to astronomically high daily traffic has been (temporarily) stymied. But not my resolve to make it a long term success. In fact, because of the energy that I get from re-connecting with old friends, I'm actually more devoted than ever to making the website a success. Starting another bar band (after swearing I was too old to do that again) has had a similar effect. I'm having a blast and I want to harness that passion and direct it back toward enriching the content and promoting the website more aggressively.


Since I work for myself, I spend almost all my time either with clients, teaching Pilates classes or with my (two younger) kids. So the website development is slow, even though it's central to my long-term business growth plan.


But my kids will only be this young once. And I'm sure this is definitely the last bar band I'm going to be in (probably). And I'm sure this Facebook thing will peter out to a manageable level soon, don't you think?


Meanwhile, I'm happy, energetic and feeling inspired. Good thing I don't have a boss (or a three month review coming up...)

No comments: